Come Play Dodgeball !!
Come have some fun! Play Dodgeball with us in the Basketball Court at BSC Allston, starting at 7:30pm on Wednesdays. Everyone is welcome. The more people that show up the better, so come in and play!!
Jail Style Dodge Ball Rules
• At the beginning of a dodge ball game, the balls are lined up at half court.
• One the count of 3,2,1, DODGEBALL, the players then rush towards the
centerline simultaneously and try to grab one of the dodge balls and run or throw
or roll it backwards toward their own foul line or to their teammates behind the
• Once the game has commenced, players throw balls at members of the opposing
team in an attempt to eliminate the players.
• When a player has been hit by a dodge ball and no one catches it before it
becomes dead, that player has been eliminated and must move to his team's
designated jail area
o Being called out includes getting hit by dodge ball without ball touching
the ceiling, the floor, any of the walls, or an outside object and rebounding
• If a player catches a ball thrown by the opposing team on the full, then the player
who threw the ball is eliminated.
• When a player is out, they go a "Jail Area" on the opposite end of the court
(out of bounds) where they stay until a member of their team throws a ball
all the way across the court for them to catch and they can rejoin the game.
Opposing team can intercept the balls, thereby knocking the thrower out of
the game instead.
• If a dodge ball hits an opposing player but gets caught by one of the hit player's
teammates, the thrower is out
• If a player throws the ball and it goes into the opposing basket and/or it hits the
basketball backboard on the full, the whole team returns to the game.
• Players in jail can pick up dead balls and throw them back to their team.
• If a player moves into the opponent's zone or picks up a ball from inside the
opponent's zone without it fully rolling inside their zone, that player is out.
• Kicking the balls is prohibited.
• A ball in the possession of a player can be used to block incoming balls thrown by
the opposing team.
• Teams switch side after 3 full games.